When we formed Subduction Audio, we did so with the intent to build community around a sound and culture we dearly love. Built upon a foundation of respect, diversity, equity, and inclusion. We set out to represent the sound and culture the absolute best we could.
To do better.
To be better.
These tenets resonate differently considering current events. The nation and the world are confronted with the painful discussion regarding race and justice in the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless other Black Americans. A discussion we are a part of, if but a small component, inseparable as stewards of a music and culture born of people of color but also as a matter of humanity, compassion, acceptance, and moral imperative.
As such, Subduction Audio stands in solidarity with Black Lives Matter and all those fighting for justice, equity, and fundamental fairness. We pledge to let the fight for racial justice inform our decisions and choices. We will listen to and amplify Black voices. We will reflect on ourselves to avoid our own biases and accept responsibility for mistakes we have made or may make while taking steps to ensure they don’t happen again. We pledge to be active and mindful in seeking positive change. We pledge to respect and celebrate diversity, as well as actively foster safe, equitable, and inclusive spaces for all people.
Since actions speak louder than words, we have compiled some links to resources that will benefit and support the black community in this fight, intellectually and economically. We would like to strongly encourage anyone reading this to review them, support black owned businesses, and read relevant literature. Every little bit of contribution and education helps in this journey of reform and healing.
Thank you for your time reading this and all the support. These are trying times. May we all come together and find unity as we work for a better tomorrow.
To do better.
To be better.
Mr. Solve, Zealot, Scot Free, STEMI, AhNique, Darkvoid, Binsky, TheHumanoid
Black Owned PDX Businesses
Support Black Owned PDX Restaurants
Black Owned Eateries from iloveblackfood.com
Black Lives Matter Booklist.
Auto directed Email lists
Organizations to follow on social media
- Antiracism Center: Twitter
- Audre Lorde Project: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Black Women’s Blueprint: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Color Of Change: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Colorlines: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- The Conscious Kid: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Equal Justice Initiative (EJI): Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Families Belong Together: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Justice League NYC: Twitter | Instagram
- Gathering For Justice: Twitter | Instagram
- The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- MPowerChange: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Muslim Girl: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- NAACP: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- National Domestic Workers Alliance: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- RAICES: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ): Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- SisterSong: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- United We Dream: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook